How You Get into GST
- Go to the Honor Program application web site, http://www.csuchico.edu/hnrs/Admissions.html and download the application. (Adobe Acrobat
- Check the box on the application form indicating that you are
applying for General Studies Thematic. Fill out the rest of the
application and write the essays.
- Mail the completed form and essays to:
GST c/o Director, Honors Program
Chico, CA 95929 - 0115
Applications and letters received before May 10 will receive
priority consideration for admittance to GST. Applications received
after that date will be considered on a space-available basis.
How We Choose Students for GST
To find those students have the most to give and thus are likely
to get the most from GST we want to know: Can they do the work and
will they do the work? To answer these questions we use
- GPA. (GST students have at least a 3.2
GPA and are qualified for college math and composition by being
exempt from - by high enough ACT or SAT scores - or by having
passed the EPT and ELM.)
- Application essays.
- Conversations in person or a phone interview.