Download this itinerary
(Adobe Acrobat Format)
Wednesday, August 25, Fall 2004
- 7:00 Depart from Holt Hall. Get a partner to call you
to make sure that you make the bus; we will leave without you
if you are not on time.
- 9:00 Juice, bagels, donuts at rest stop near Shasta Lake.
- 11:00 Sack lunch near Yreka.
- 12:30 Arrive in Ashland and check into residence hall.
- 1:00 Walk together -- about a mile -- to the 2:00 performance
of Comedy of Errors in the Bowmer Theater. Try to be
seated by 1:50 since the plays begin on time. There is no late
After the play you are on your own for dinner until the Green
Show begins at 7:00 in front of the theater. The Green Show presents
music and dance related the Elizabethan Theater shows.
- 8:30 Charlotte Jones' Humble Boy in the New
Theater. After the play, walk together back to the residence
Thursday, August 26
- 10:00 Meet in the courtyard of the Green Show
for the Backstage Tour. Since it takes about a half hour to get
to the theater, you will have to get up early if you want breakfast
before the tour.
- 12:15 Faculty will be eating lunch in Lithia Park
below the theater. You are welcome to join us. We probably will
be talking about what we have seen and are about to see and would
welcome other voices in the conversation.
- 2:00 Kaufman and Ferber's The Royal Visit in
the Bowmer Theater. Dinner on your own after the play until the
in front of the theater. This performance will be
from the previous night's.
- 8:30 Shakespeare's Much Ado About Nothing in
the Elizabethan Theater. Be seated by 8:15. After the play, meet
walk together back to the residence hall.
Friday, August 27
- 6:30 Wakeup call.
- 7:00 Check in keys and depart for Chico.
- 9:00 Rest stop at the sculpture park in Weed for juice,
donuts and bagels.
- 11:00 Convenience stop in Redding.
- 12:30 Arrive back in Chico.
Details to remember:
- Order a sack lunch from your dorm by Tuesday noon and bring
with it something to drink for Wednesday.
- Dress for the plays is informal but be sure to wear something
warm for the outdoor performances. You could be sitting for
hours in 50ish temperatures. We have even experienced rain in
the past, but the play goes on; and we stay. If it looks like
rain we will carry garbage
bags to be worn as rain suits.
- Bring soap and toilet articles. Towels and bedding are supplied.
- Let us know before we leave Chico if you have a medical
condition that might become a problem on our trip so we might
better respond should the occasion arise. Bring personal identification
and a health insurance card if
- Be on time for the plays. You should be
seated ten minutes before curtain time. If you are late you will
not be seated until an intermission. Silence all cell phones
and similar beeping devices before the curtain.
- Bring money for food or an ATM card. Unless
you can survive on edibles from a Safeway, between the residence
hall and the theater complex, you should plan on
- While in Ashland all transportation is on your own. Ashland
is a great town for walking. It is about a mile from the dorms
to the theater. There is a city bus available until about 6 p.m.
- Take notes on the plays and related experiences for your essay.
- Anyone caught doing drugs or alcohol on this field trip -
or any field trip - will be referred to Judicial Affairs for
expulsion from GST. (We lost three students this way a few years
ago. Don't make us lose you.)
- Behave as adults ought to behave. Remember that you are not
the only person in the world.