Ways to Give
Click here to donate online.
Gifts to the Annual Fund
The College of Humanities & Fine Arts and each department and program has an annual fund account. A gift to an annual fund account is for the unrestricted use of that area; it may be used whenever and wherever needed to maintain a strong and balanced educational program. Such gifts may serve at one time, for example, to augment part-time faculty or to provide scholarships, and at another time to purchase new art equipment or musical instruments, or to meet many of the other needs continually confronting the college and its programs.
Gifts of Equipment
One of our college's greatest challenges is to remain current with ever-changing advances in technology. This is an area where alumni, parents, and friends can be especially helpful. Gifts designated to purchase equipment will help us meet this challenge. We have also found much support from our friends in industry; often they are able to secure gifts of used equipment from the corporations for whom they work. Examples of need include recording equipment for music industry or stage lighting for the Department of Theatre.
Planned Gifts & Pledges
There are a variety of strategies available that allow the donor to minimize taxes or increase income. At the same time, planned gifts and pledges provide significant help to College of Humanities & Fine Arts students, faculty, and academic programs. Donors can select from the following benefits:
- Multi-year pledges
- Income-tax savings through the charitable deduction for the value of the gift
- Avoidance of the capital-gain tax on long-term capital-gain property
- Retained income rights for the life of the donor and/or other beneficiaries
- The possibility of increased spendable income with certain arrangements
- Elimination of federal estate tax on the value of the interest in property — passing to charity upon the donor's death
- Reduced estate settlement costs
To receive more information on ways to support the College of Humanities & Fine Arts, contact Daria Booth.