The College of the Humanities and Fine Arts has undertaken and financed the remodeling and renovation of Trinity 126 for the following reasons:
to serve as a venue for events that fulfill the mission of the Humanities Center; namely, the cultivation of the life of the mind within the College and the University. Included among these events are: guest speaker symposia and receptions; reading and writing groups for HFA faculty; faculty symposia and research presentations.
to provide a pleasant, congenial, and intellectually stimulating meeting place for HFA faculty who may want to bring their lunch, have a cup of coffee, discuss ideas or projects with their colleagues, or just peruse the books and journals of the HC library.
To ensure that these goals are met, the Humanities Center Board, its Director, and the Dean of the HFA College have decided upon the following usage policy:
1) That every member of the HFA faculty and staff will have access to the Humanities Center.
2) That the HC is not generally open to students or to non-HFA faculty or staff except as guests of the HC.
3) That every activity scheduled for the HC must have the approval of the HC Board, or in an emergency, of its Director.
4) That, aside from official HC sponsored events, the HC should be kept as free as possible for HFA faculty and staff to feel comfortable using it on an informal basis for purpose II above.
5) That for these reasons the HC will not generally be available for classes, informal seminars, student club meetings, or department meetings. The HC Board and its Director reserve the right to make exceptions to these rules from time to time. An example of a possible exception would be granting permission to a HFA department that wished to interview a job candidate in the HC.
6) That faculty and staff who use the HC
a) Have the responsibility to clean up after themselves
and help keep the room neat and attractive.
Contact the Humanities Center director
Contact the webmistress
California State University, Chico
Chico, CA 95929-0800
CSU, Chico Home | College of Humanities and Fine Arts