Welcome to Honors!
The Honors Program offers you the opportunity to work closely with some of Chico State's best professors in small, specially designed courses. These classes provide lively and engaging experiences designed to spark your interests. In this small community of scholars, true learning partnership can grow, giving you an opportunity to get to know and work with other motivated students who become your friends, and faculty who become your mentors. You become part of a vital learning community that extends beyond the classroom walls. The Honors Program provides you with a comfortable place to go within the larger university, a home base that is friendly and supportive. Please read our short brochure, available in PDF format.
Benefits of the Honors Program:
- Greater involvement in the cultural, intellectual, and social life of the University
- Opportunity to work with great professors and motivated students
- Small classes
- Priority registration until graduation
- Recognition at graduation with a medallion and certificate
- Recognition on your diploma and transcripts
- Upper-division theme classes taught by two professors per class
- Personalized academic advising and guidance
- Opportunity to live in Honors House as a first-year freshman
We offer two different ways to graduate with Honors at Chico State:
Applications Available for Fall 2014!
We are now accepting applications for new incoming freshman for fall 2014! Click here for information and applications.
Current Honors Students & the Honors Program Redesign.
Click here to find out how the newly redesigned Honors Program will work for you.
We are always looking for fresh ideas for events to keep our Honors community connected and having some fun. Have a suggestion? Let us know! Email email@example.com.
Congratulations to Honors Faculty Advisor Zanja Yudell who was chosen to receive the CSU, Chico 2013/14 Outstanding Academic Adviser award! Zanja was nominated by administration, faculty, staff and students to receive this prestigious award in honor and recognition of his unwavering and invaluable contribution to our campus community and students. We couldn't be more grateful and proud!