Mission and Diversity Statement
The Department of University Housing and Food Service recognizes the university community provides two powerful and dynamic environments, curricular and co–curricular, and is committed to being a positive influence and partner in both.
The department mission, through the residence hall living/learning experience of our students, is to amplify and support the comprehensive institutional mission of the University by:
- providing safe, secure, clean, and reasonably priced residential environments conducive to the academic and personal development of the student
- providing services, programs, and activities which encourage students to develop themselves intellectually, emotionally, socially, physically, vocationally, and spiritually
- selecting and training professional and paraprofessional staff committed to developing residential communities which emphasize student development principles
- identifying and addressing evolving student environmental needs via professional advisory staff working directly with university faculty and staff, residential life staff, Residence Hall Association, and Resident Advisor Advisory Council (RAAC)
- providing residential environments that honor human diversity and embrace students as individuals; each individual with rights and responsibilities, and each with unique goals and needs.
Celebrating the Dignity of All People
The Department of University Housing & Food Service celebrates and recognizes that the University community is comprised of persons who represent diversity on many levels ... diversity of thought, belief, race, ethnicity, culture, gender, gender identity/expression and/or sexual orientation.
All members of the University community are equal and accountable to each other.
The Department of University Housing & Food Service embraces the philosophy that ALL persons who are marginalized, ridiculed and demeaned for their inherent and unique differences are entitled to “places where Allies dwell” ... by definition, this includes Chico State residence halls and the offices of each UHFS staff member.
In a community of scholars, there is no place for hateful behavior.
The Department of University Housing & Food Service affirms and celebrates the dignity of all people.