Continuing Residents - General Room Selection Process (GRS)
University Housing and Food Service (UHFS) is excited you are choosing to live with University Housing for the 2013-2014 academic year and you are invited to participate in the “Pick your own room” or General Room Selection (GRS) process!
- To be eligible for the General Room Selection (GRS) process, you must make your initial housing payment by May 3, 2013 (Friday). Without the initial housing payment, your application is considered incomplete!
- GRS is only available for continuing students who want to live in University Village. If you prefer to live in Sutter Hall, you will be assigned a bedspace by University Housing Office during the normal assignment process.
- You will receive an GRS invitation email in your Wildcat account in the morning of May 7, 2013 with your assigned login time and the link to the General Room Selection process which begins the same day on May 7, 2013 (12:00pm). You may log in after the assigned time, but not before.
How to Pick Your Roommate(s)
If you know who you would like to live with and know that they have completed the GRS requirements, please exchange your portal login name (it is the first part of your campus email address – firstname.lastname@example.org) and your 9 digit Student ID number. You must also collect all your roommates’ meal selection(s) as this will be a required step in the GRS process. You will be prompted to enter your desired roommates’ portal login name and Chico State ID number as well as their meal plan to complete the GRS process.
If you do not choose to pull in specific roommate(s) when you select your bed space, any GRS participating continuing students may select the other bed(s) in your room or cluster.
Important GRS dates:
May 7, 2013 (Tuesday) 12:00 p.m. through May 8, 2013 (Wednesday) 12:00 p.m.
- GRS for University Village 4-person cluster rooms only
- Allow co-ed /mixed-gender or same-gender roommate selection in the cluster
*GRS process is suspended on May 8, 2013 (Wednesday) between 12:00 p.m. and 1:00 p.m.
May 8, 2013 (Wednesday) 1:00 p.m. through May 14, 2013 (Tuesday) 12:00 p.m.
- GRS for University Village 4-person cluster and double-studio rooms (same-gender roommate selection only)
*If you are NOT going to participate in GRS process which ends on May 14, 2013 (Tuesday) 12:00 p.m., you will be assigned a bed space during the normal assignment process. If you are assigned to Sutter Hall, you will be assigned with a meal plan you selected during the application process. If you are assigned to UV, your meal plan will be defaulted to “No Meal Plan”. If you would like to request to change your meal plan selection, please email “Housing@csuchico.edu”, with email subject listed as “2013-2014 meal plan”. The content of the email should include 1) your full name, 2) Chico State Id No. and 3) meal plan type. You will need to send this email no later than July 1, 2013.
There is a step-by-step document of how to accomplish the General Room Selection Process: www.csuchico.edu/housing/rmsstudentweb/GRS_Instruction.pdf