Off-Campus Housing

About off-campus housing

This website is designed to help CSU, Chico faculty, staff, and students find and maintain the best living situation possible. With proper planning, careful selection of roommates, and clear communication with your landlord, you can find a place that meets all (or most) of your needs. The University Housing Office is located at the corner of Citrus and Legion Avenues. Our regular office hours are Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. during the academic year, and our summer hours are Monday – Thursday 7 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.

The resources and links provided on the University Housing and Food Service website are provided for your convenience. CSU, Chico does not make any recommendations nor assume any responsibility for the businesses or referrals listed.

Please remember that the University Housing and Food Service Office does not inspect, recommend, or guarantee off-campus housing advertised on this website. Complaints regarding unethical or inappropriate business practices or incidents of any preference, limitation, or discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, disability, family status, or national origin, or intention to make any such preference, limitation, or discrimination by a landlord, property manager, or property owner should be reported to the University Housing and Food Service Office, CSU, Chico,
Chico, CA 95929–0707
Ph: 530–898–6325.

The University Housing and Food Service Office also has a 24–hour kiosk with available rental listings open to the public just outside our office located on the corner of Citrus and Legion Avenues. The listings are available 24–hours/day, 7 days/week; however, listings may be posted only during our office hours. 

UHFS has a staff member available to assist you with landlord/tenant or roommate issues. Please call 530–898–6325 or email Natalie Gebicke to schedule an appointment.

Current Chico Property Listings

Off-Campus Housing Guide (pdf)

Chico Rental Housing Certificate Program (pdf)

Chico Rental Houising Certificate Test

Rental Reference Request - Current or former residents can submit online requests via UHFS Resident Center to request release of your UHFS housing rental history to designated property management companies, apartment manager or potential landlords.

Other Links and Resources