What is O-Team?
O-Team is a group of 25+ student volunteers who will help with opening activities during the week that new students move into the residence hall communities in August. Each member must have previously lived in the residence halls and must be available during the week of move-in as well as for one informational session in May. No experience is necessary but all O-Team members must be extremely enthusiastic towards welcoming new residents. Members will not only ease the workload on residence life staff during this busy time, but also help students feel welcome and informed during move-in. O-Team members are expected to have an exceptional attitude and must work well with other team members.
To keep all of these great things going it is important to have strong leaders.
Benefits of being a member of the O-Team include
- Earn one academic unit (1.0) (HCSV 189A) for serving on O-Team
- Free shirts, meals, and lots of other goodies
- Getting to know residents and members of other student organizations and campus departments
- Gain transferable skills including organization, communication, and event planning
- Must have lived in University Housing for at least one year
- Must be in good academic standing (at least cumulative GPA of 2.0)
- Must be enrolled in at least 6 units at CSU, Chico
- Must be in good disciplinary standing
- Decorating Halls (i.e., welcome posters, signs for check-in tables, publicity for all events)
- Programming (i.e., develop, plan, organize, and run Opening Week activities, help with Wildcat Welcome Week activities)
- Encouragement for Res. Life Staff (RCCs, ARCCs, & RAs)
- Special cook-out held for Res. Life Staff by O-Team
All candidates will be notified via e-mail.
Interested? Questions? Please feel free to call or e-mail
Ryan Macleod, O-Team Advisor, 530-898-6325 or firstname.lastname@example.org
O-Team Application (pdf)