What is O-Team?
O-Team is a group of 25+ student volunteers who will help with opening activities during the week that new students move into the residence hall communities in August. Each member must have previously lived in the residence halls and must be available during the week of move-in and for one informational session in May. No experience is necessary, but all O-Team members must be extremely enthusiastic toward welcoming new residents. Members will not only ease the workload on residence life staff during this busy time, but also help students feel welcome and informed during move-in. O-Team members are expected to have an exceptional attitude and must work well with other team members.
To keep all of these great things going it is important to have strong leaders.
Benefits of being a member of the O-Team include
- Free shirts, meals, and lots of other goodies
- Getting to know residents and members of other student organizations and campus departments
- Gain transferable skills, including organization, communication, and event planning
- Must have lived in University Housing for at least one year
- Must be in good academic standing (cumulative GPA of at least 2.0)
- Must be enrolled in at least 6 units at CSU, Chico
- Must be in good disciplinary standing
- Decorating Halls (i.e., welcome posters, signs for check-in tables, publicity for all events)
- Programming (i.e., develop, plan, organize, and run Opening Week activities, help with Wildcat Welcome Week activities)
- Encouragement for Res. Life Staff (RCCs, ARCCs & RAs)
All candidates will be notified via email. Interested? Questions? Please feel free to call or email Denise Crosswhite, O-Team Advisor, at 530–898–6325 or email@example.com.
Get the most out of your University Housing experience.
Learn all about University Housing.
What you need to know as a parent.