The University Housing Application for the 2014–2015 Academic year, will open on April 8, 2014 at 6:00 p.m. PDT for new students and March 18, 2014 at 12:00 p.m. for continuing residents.
Important Notice: There are several important Pre-Application tasks that you must complete before you can submit your University Housing Application.
- Activate your University Portal Account and get your user login and password established. Please be advised that you cannot submit a University Housing Application until you have established your University Portal Account. It takes up to 48 hours after you are admitted to the University. Once you establish your account, you will be prepared to submit the University Housing and Food Service Application.
- Make your "Initial Housing Payment" as soon as possible on or after March 17, 2014 and do so before starting our application.The payment amount is $1,000 ($300 if your FAFSA Confirmation showed an Expected Family Contribution of less than $5,200). When you make your payment, print (or write down) and save your payment confirmation number, date, and amount paid, so that you can provide it when completing your University Housing and Food Service License Agreement.
- Preview Application Process before submitting the University Housing application.
- Start University Housing Application.
1. Priority application period for all current year residents to return in 2014-2015 academic year begins March 18, 2014 (Tuesday) at Noon.
2. Initial Housing Payment can be made online during the priority application period or no later than May 2, 2014 (Friday). The payment amount is $1,000 ($300 if you received an application fee waiver or if your FAFSA Confirmation showed an Expected Family Contribution of less than $5,200). When you make your payment, print (or write down) and save your payment confirmation number, date, and amount paid, so that you can provide it when completing your University Housing and Food Service License Agreement.
3. Continuing residents who apply to University Village during the priority application period will be invited to participate in “self-assignment” process in early May which residents can select a particular room/bedspace available online (in selected buildings by UHFS) for next academic year. If you have any questions, please contact University Housing and Food Service at 530-898-6325 or 800-730-4243.