Time Off/Leave of Absence
- Bereavement/Funeral Leave (PDF)
- Jury Duty
- Maternity/Paternity/Adoption/Parental Leave (PDF)
- Military Leave
- Organ Donor Leave
- Personal Holiday - Refer to Collective Bargaining Agreement under Holiday for your position.
Eligible full-time employees accrue eight (8) hours of sick leave credit following the completion of each qualifying pay period or academic qualifying pay period. Employees who work less than full-time, but are eligible to accrue sick leave credit, will accrue credit on a pro rata basis. For accrual purposes, a qualifying pay period for a full and/or part time employee is defined as a monthly pay period of continuous service.
For intermittent employees, a qualifying pay period for sick leave accrual is defined as 160 hours or 20 days of paid employment.
Sick leave balances may be carried forward year to year, and there is no maximum accrual limit for sick leave credit.
Accrued sick leave upon retirement from CSU employment may be used to receive additional service credit under CalPERS, in accordance with CalPERS guidelines. For more information regarding sick leave, please refer to appropriate Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) and/or Technical Letters.
- Leave of Absence Without Pay Request (Staff and MPP only) (PDF)
- Application for Leave Without Pay for Faculty (PDF) – see Faculty Affairs