What's Great About Chico State?
“Chico State employees are so caring about the success of students. The cooperation and coordination of campus organizations with Associate Students is a wonderful learning experience for all. Beautiful Camus, Wonderful Friendly People – a Campus to Be Proud of!”
Vice President for Staff Human Resources
Chico State Job Opportunities
Tips and Links for Completing Job Applications
- Always fully complete the required application, even if you are attaching a résumé and cover letter. Please do not simply say, "See Attached". The application form is the primary basis for pre-screening applicants.
- Monster.com Advice includes Résumé Writing Tips and a Cover Letter Checklist
- Samples and guidelines for writing résumés and cover letters from the CSU, Chico Career Center
- Are you a CSU, Chico alum or current student? If so, the resources at the Career Center are available to you and you can Meet with an Advisor!
- Typing/Keyboarding Certificate Resources
Tips and Links for Interviewing
- Monster.com Interviewing Advice
- Interview Preparation
- Interview Questions
- Interview Appearance
- Interviewing Tips from the CSU, Chico Career Center
- Sample Interview Questions from the CSU, Chico Career Center
- Tip: Bring samples of your work to the interview, rather than attempt to attach to the application (unless requested)
Tips and Links for Writing Job Descriptions
- Occupational Information Network (O*NET) - an online job description database developed by the Labor Department
- Use the "Occupation Search" and type in keywords to find occupations and descriptions of related tasks
- U.S. Department of Labor Dictionary of Occupational Titles (DOT)
- Use the "Search" and type in keywords to find occupations and descriptions of related tasks