Beginning June 4, 2012, the Human Resources Service Center at CSU, Chico began using an online employment system. The new system is designed to address the needs of university recruitment and to provide state-of-the-art technology to simplify the employment process. It replaces paper applications and makes applying for a job easier for job seekers and faster for hiring managers!
Below are a few of the advantages of this new online employment system.
Hiring Managers, Departments, and Committees
- Designated staff can create job requisitions on-line and electronically submit them for review and approval
- Hiring committees can review candidate application materials online
- Hiring committees can forward candidates to the Hiring Manager
- Allows the Hiring Manager to communicate selection information with Employment Services online
- Establish a password protected account to maintain their online employment application, résumé, and other documents
- Job candidates can view open positions, submit employment application materials and review the status of the applications on-line
- Search and apply for positions from any location at any time
- Receive in-person service at the Employment Services office when access to a computer is needed
In Fall 2011, Employment Services and HR Information Systems partnered to prepare for the implementation of PeopleAdmin, a new online employment system. PeopleAdmin is a web-based solution that automates the recruit-to-hire process. Features of the system include:
The implementation will be a phased approach beginning with recruitment management and progressing to position management as well as interfaces with existing systems. The initial implementation will be for Staff and MPP position recruitments.
Business Analyst, Human Resources