Absence Management Self Service (AMSS) FAQs
Updated May 2013
- How do I correct an absence I have entered?
- How do I see the status of the time I have submitted? Has my supervisor approved?
- Why isn’t the “Absence Duration” correct for a full-day absence?
- How do I view my schedule?
- How do I enter an absence for a prior absence period?
- Does a paper absence sheet still need to be used?
- How do I view schedule information for employees?
- How do I see if time was approved and who approved it?
- Why does the “Current Period Absence” column say “Sub” (submitted) when all absences have been approved for the current period?
- Why don't I see Manager Self Service when I log into PeopleSoft?
- How can I tell if I already approved time for an employee?
- An employee can correct an absence up to the point when the supervisor approves the absence. Simply delete the entry using the trash can symbol. If the supervisor has already approved then the supervisor must delete. When in “Report and View Absences,” make sure that the “From” and “Through” dates are appropriate for the period you are reviewing. Click on the “Absence Status” hyperlink for “Existing Absence Events” to see details about the status.
- When in “Report and View Absences,” make sure that the “From” and “Through” dates are appropriate for the period you are reviewing. Click on the “Absence Status” hyperlink for “Existing Absence Events” to see details about the status. Every status changes is time stamped and recorded including the supervisor approval of an absence. See the screen shot above.
- The Absence Management system requires input of schedules to determine absence reporting on specific days. The Absence Management system defines a schedule as the number of hours worked on specific days during the week. If your schedule is incorrect in the system then the absence duration will not be correct. View your schedule then submit a Notice of Work Schedule form if a change is needed. See Schedules for more information.
- Absences can be entered through AMSS 3 periods back and 1 period forward. Enter through AMSS when adding an absence to a period where other absences exist. Please notify your lead or supervisor of your entry; the system does not notify them.
- Submit a “Correcting” paper absence sheet that represents all time for the absence period when:
- adding an absence to a period where “No Leave Taken” was used
- trying to delete an absence once the “Absence Status” has changed to “Finalized”
- Not typically but it is needed in some situations. A paper absence sheet is still needed for certain circumstances such as:
- Absence reporting for pay periods prior to July 2012 (unless you were part of the IRES pilot group),
- Reporting a dock by the 15th of the month to avoid overpayment,
- Special leaves being coordinated through the Employee Leaves or Workers’ Compensation programs,
- When adding an absence to a finalized prior period where “No Leave Taken” was initially reported, or
- When deleting an absence from a finalized prior period.
- Academic Year (AY) faculty leave/absence reporting.
- Intermittent Employees reporting hours worked.
When changing the absences reported previously, write on the top of the absence sheet "REVISED" and be sure to include all absences taken during the pay period (not just the changes).
- As a Timekeeper you have the ability to view schedules and absence takes using the Time Calendar. It is recommended that you use the "Monthly Time Calendar" and view by either Empl ID or Group ID. Group IDs with an "A" will include absence management eligible employees. Group IDs with and "X" will include student employees. This page uses dynamic group security so entering a Department ID as a search criteria will bring back both student and staff records and is not recommended. Also note that the sum of absences as well as hours scheduled is for calendar month rather than pay period and if selected will include 24-hour holiday periods.
- The status of a reported absence can be seen through “Report and View Absences.” Detailed Timekeeper instructions are located on the Timekeeper page.
Why does the “Current Period Absence” column say “Sub” (submitted) when all absences have been approved for the current period?
- “Current” to the system means most recently entered. The column really looks at the most recent absence entered and considers this entry as current. The entry could be 2 months into the future. If you are using this field to double check that a specific month’s time has been approved, you will need to click on the details located in the Report and View Absences page for any marked as submitted to verify it is the correct month.
- The Supervisor/Manager role has been moved to Self Service. This can now be accessed through the portal or the deep link the same way that employee entry is accessed. This change was made January 26, 2012 based on feedback from the IRES pilot group.
- The status of an absence can be seen through “Report Time > Manager Absence Entry.”