Career Development Option
Classes required for credit toward the attainment of an identified academic goal. To be eligible for the Career Development Option, employees first need to apply to CSU, Chico, be accepted and become a student working toward a degree, credential, or certificate. Employees must also meet with an Academic Advisor to complete a Career Development Plan. Depending on operational needs and the CBA, the supervisor may approve one (1) class to be taken on State time - see Employee Eligibility for more information.
- Instructions for:
- Need Help?
Please follow the steps for Undergraduate or Graduate Admission:
(No degree, taking undergrad courses OR has a degree and taking undergraduate courses OR has a degree and pursuing a 2nd undergrad degree = undergrad admit)
(Has degree and taking grad courses = grad admit)
- Each term, submit a Fee Waiver Application for Employees Form (PDF) to Human Resources (zip 0010). Human Resources will send a copy to Undergraduate Admissions or Graduate Studies.
- If you have had a break in enrollment:
- For undergraduate coursework, contact Admissions for re-submission to the University
- For graduate coursework*, re-submit a (Graduate Studies) Printable Graduate Application.
- *Students pursuing a master's degree through the Career Development Fee Waiver Program are not required to maintain continuous enrollment for each semester of their program. Instead, they may submit an application, via www.csumentor.edu by the posted application deadline, to reactivate their student status if they have a break in their coursework enrollment.
- If you are re-applying to re-activate your enrollment after a break in enrollment, forward a Request for Temporary Waiver of Graduate Application Fee form (PDF) to Graduate Studies.
- Pre-pay estimated fees at Student Financial Services Center (SSC), room 230. Tell them you are pre-paying estimated fees for the employee fee Waiver program so they can code the payment properly.
- Re-submit a Fee Waiver Application for Employees (PDF). In the “Request for Waived Fees” section, check (X) the box indicating, “This is a request to change courses already submitted.”
- If courses are being added or deleted to the program, the employee must re-submit a Faculty and Staff Career Development Plan (PDF) to Human Resources (zip 0010). This form has sections to be completed by the employee and the employee's academic program advisor.
- Choosing a Fee Waiver Option
- Employee Eligibility
- Employee Fees
- Fee Waiver Value
- Due Dates
- Fee Waiver Application Requirements
- Registering for Courses