What's Great About Chico State?

“This campus is beautiful in all seasons. The campus has changed so much in recent years and with each new building or change, it gets more beautiful. How the new buildings have been incorporated in the existing campus environment makes them seem like they have always been here. All the people inside the buildings are what make the campus truly special. I am happy to be a part of such a beautiful campus and amazing campus community.”

Rebecca Cagle,
Director, Payroll, HRIS & BITS

CMS Login

Enroll in Training

Dependent (or Transfer of Fee Waiver Benefit) Option

Eligible employees may transfer their fee waiver benefit to their spouse, domestic partner or a dependent child.

Student Financial Aid may be affected by the use of fee waiver. Contact the Financial Aid and Scholarship Office at the campus that your dependent is attending to see how financial aid will be affected by participation in the Fee Waiver Program. At CSU, Chico, the number is 530-898-6451

Employees who transfer their fee waiver benefit to a dependent need to submit a Fee Waiver Application for Dependents (PDF) to Human Resources (zip 0010).  Students must apply to and be in a matriculated degree program at the CSU campus they plan to attend.


  1. Student enrolls in state-funded courses.
  2. Employee submits a timely Fee Waiver Application for Dependents (PDF) to Human Resources (zip 0010).  One application per term of enrollment. Human Resources will send a copy to Undergraduate Admissions or Graduate Studies.
  3. Employee receives notification of application status prior to term fee payment deadline; student is responsible for any fees remaining.
    • Eligibility is determined in two parts:
      • Eligibility of the employee for the fee waiver benefit
      • Eligibility of the courses (- is the student enrolled in state-funded courses?)
  4. How do I know the process is complete and the fee waiver was applied?
    • You received notification that your application was approved
    • When the student enrolls in courses, the fees due are this (and not the full fees).

More on This Topic


Need Help?