The New Employee Experience
Welcome to the Chico State community! The Human Resources Service Center partners with your supervisor to help welcome you to CSU, Chico; connect you to the people and resources to be successful in your position; and engage you in your contribution to the institution and student success. The information briefly reviews information you will be provided throughout your first weeks on campus.
Table of Contents
- The First Day
- The First Week
- Manager's Onboarding Checklist for New Hires - replaces the New State Employee Resource Guide
- The First Month
- The First Year
- You will be asked to sign a letter of hire.
- Provide I-9 information for employment sign-up.
- The Employment Services area of our Human Resources Service Center will meet with you and provide you important information for getting "on board" as quickly as possible, such as how to:
- Email. Call the Information Technology Support Services to set up your Email account. You will need to provide a number from your Wildcat card.
- Your email password will also become your Chico State Portal password.
- Phone. Set Up Your Telephone and Voicemail
- Parking. If you drive to campus, obtain a parking permit
- On your first day of work, you may wish to purchase a daily permit for $5. See more information on Visitor/Hourly Paid Parking and Parking Permit Dispensers.
- Employees are encouraged to use alternative transportation whenever possible. For more information, see Transportation and Parking Services.
- Faculty/staff and reserved permits are paid via payroll deduction. The deductions are spread over nine pay periods each academic year, September through May.
- Go to Student Financial Services / Cashiering located in Student Service Center (SSC), room 230. to purchase a parking decal.
- Cost of Permits
- Parking services and other parking information
- Refer to the New State Employee Resource Guide
- Your supervisor will meet with you to set expectations and provide coaching
- Review your position description
- Submitting your absence report - whether or not you use any leave
- Opening your Chico State Portal and checking leave balances
- If eligible, new employees must enroll in benefits within 60 days of their start date
- Complete required training appropriate for your position. Training that is available online includes:
- If you will be driving a vehicle while on state business, you will also need to sign-up for VRES Defensive Driver Training
- Additional training may be required if your position supervises others, is on the CSU's "designated positions" list, requires CPR, etc. Please check the required training appropriate for your position. Please check the required training web page for more information.
- Purpose: to Welcome, Engage, and Connect you to the Chico State community
- New Employee Acknowledgement
- Your supervisor will review your performance with you and submit and written performance evaluation
- Attend Social Events
- Contact Professional Development