2012 Staff Employee of the Year: Carol Rudolph
For someone who genuinely enjoys serving others, Carol Rudolph’s humble surprise at the news that she’d been selected as the 2012 Staff Employee of the Year was fitting.
Rudolph, who serves as administrative support coordinator in Accounting Operations, was presented with the award at the Staff Council’s 42nd annual Staff Awards Luncheon on Thursday, April 11, in the BMU. She was nominated by her peers and selected from among eight outstanding nominees.
An 18-year employee of CSU, Chico, Rudolph serves as a liaison between campus departments and accounting operations. She spends most of her days fielding questions, conducting research, and looking for ways to increase efficiencies in campus reporting systems. She also trains new employees. She says she relishes her job and working in the university environment.
“The impact that we have [as a university] on the community adds a lot of culture and depth that would’t be here otherwise, and I just love that,” she said.
Those nominating Rudolph spoke of her customer-oriented, can-do attitude. With comments like “…always willing to help, no matter what,” “generous of time and resources,” and “…the ‘Answer Guru,’” it’s clear her coworkers thought she was the perfect choice for the award.
“Carol genuinely cares for each staff member and does not want to see them frustrated,” wrote one nominator. “She does not just do her job because it is her job, she truly likes to help. Carol goes out of her way to make sure department staff understand and feel confident in what they have learned…. She loves Chico and does her part (and then some) to make it a better place for you and I to live, and encourages other by example to do the same.”
The other nominees for the 2012 Employee of the Year Award were
- Mary Brownell, administrative assistant, Gateway Science Museum
- Teri Day, Custodian, Facilities Management and Services
- Karen Gilmet, Planner/Estimator/Scheduler, Facilities Management and Services
- Kristin Gruneisen, Program Supervisor, Center for Nutrition and Activity Promotion
- Daniel Hayden, Facility Control Specialist, Facilities Management and Services
- Langley Snyder, Office Manager, Counseling and Wellness Center
- Catherine Sullivan, Curator, Janet Turner Print Museum
—Sarah Langford, Public Affairs and Publications