Monday - Friday
8:00am - 5:00pm
Undergraduates (Bachelor's level students):
Freshmen and students new to studying in the U.S. – An advisor will register you for your first semester classes after you have activated your Portal accountand submitted your Intent to Enroll decision. You may make changes to these courses by using your Portal account, or by contacting Maria Olson, Undergraduate International Admissions Specialist, after your arrival on campus at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Students Transferring from U.S. Schools – You are encouraged to register for your classes using your Portal Account. First, activate your Portal account and submit your Intent to Enroll decision, then follow steps 1 to 6 listed below for graduate students. If you need assistance choosing classes you are encouraged to contact Maria Olson, Undergraduate International Admissions Specialist.
Graduate Students – (Master’s level students):
Graduate Students are responsible for registering for their own courses. To do so:
(1) Activate your Portal account.
(2) After logging into the Portal, select “Enter the Student Center”. Select the “Enrollment Dates” option on the right side of the page. This will tell you the time and date when you are first allowed to register for classes. Note: Your appointment to register will be posted about one week prior to your appointment date.
(3) Read the CSU, Chico University Catalog section for your degree program. Become familiar with the requirements of your degree and pay attention to any requirements that a certain course must be taken before another course.
(4) Consult the CSU, Chico Class Schedule to find out which classes will be offered during your first semester and what times and days of the week the courses are offered.
(5) Decide which classes you wish to take in your first semester. Be sure that the times do not conflict. Have a back-up plan in case one of the classes you want is full.
(6) Register for your desired courses as soon as possible after your Registration appointment to ensure you get the courses you want.
- Log into your Portal account
- Use the link for "Enter the Student Center"
- Click on "Add a Class"
- Select the appropriate term and year from the pull-down menu and press the "Change" button if needed
- Enter the class number (found on the Class Schedule) for the first class you want to take or use the search function
- Click on the "Next" button
- Repeat steps “e” and “f” until all of the classes you want to take are listed in your "Shopping Cart"
- Click on the "Proceed to Step 2 of 3" button
- Press the "Finish Enrolling" button
- Double check that you have registered for all of the classes that you want by checking your schedule. (Log into your Portal Account, use the Link for “Enter the Student Center”, and then select “My Class Schedule” and choose the appropriate term)
Exchange Students (J-1 visa holders):
Directions for registration will be given to you with your acceptance packet. As an exchange student, you will have slightly different processes than other international students at the university. Therefore, it will be very important that you read all directions given to you by the Study Abroad Office very carefully.