English Proficiency - Undergraduate
Minimum English Proficiency Levels
|TEST TYPE||MINIMUM SCORE REQUIRED||WEBSITE FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION|
|TOEFL - paper||500||www.toefl.org|
|TOEFL - internet based test (IBT)||61||www.toefl.org|
|Pearson PTE Academic||47||www.pearsonpte.com/pages/home.aspx|
ALL TEST SCORES MUST BE VALID AND VERIFIABLE. Test scores are valid up to two years from test date.
Exception to Language Proficiency Requirement:
1) Students who have completed a degree (or three years of full-time academic study at the secondary and/or post-secondary) in Australia, Great Britain, Anglophone Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, or the United States.
Alternatives to Standardized Language Proficiency Tests:
2) Completion of level 6 in the Intensive English language program at the American Language and Culture Institute on the CSU, Chico campus.
3) Successful completion of level 112 at an ELS language Center.
4) Successful completion of level 10 at The New England School of English.
5) Successful completion of, at minimum, the high-intermediate level at Kaplan International Center.
6) TRANSFER STUDENTS - Completion of General Education Area A communication courses at an accredited U.S. college or university with grades of C- or better in these areas - A1: Oral Communication, A2: Written Communication, A3: Critical Thinking
Don't meet the English language proficiency requirement? No problem! We offer conditional admission.
Click here to learn about our options for conditional admission and find out how easy it is to apply.