Summer Office Hours
Monday - Thursday
7:00am - 5:30pm
Orientation & Testing
Fall 2015: August 18-19, 2015
Prior to the beginning of each semester, the Office of International Education hosts the required orientation for new international students. The orientation agenda includes information regarding the following topics:
- Welcome and Staff Introductions
- Health, Safety, and Conduct
- Culture Shock and Adjustment
- Immigration Compliance
- Chico State Website and Student Portal Functionality
- Tips for Academic Success
- Campus Tour
- Academic Advising
- California State University Immunization Requirements
- Chico 101 - Transportation, Housing, Shopping, and Fun in Chico
- American Culture and Customs
- Assistance with Purchasing Health Insurance
Also included are some fun activities including a free breakfast and lunch! Click here for the Orientation Schedule of events.
Be sure to arrive in Chico before August 18 so that you can attend the New International Student Orientation. We are looking forward to meeting you and are here to help you begin your educational journey in the U.S. We are your partners in success!
International students who are admitted as freshman are required to take the Entry Level Math (ELM) test prior to being able to register into a math course. Freshman international students are required to take the ELM on the Saturday prior to the beginning of each semester. The date and time of the ELM, along with how to register for the test, is communicated to all new students in their welcome packets. If you have questions about whether you need to take the ELM or how to register for the test, please email the Office of International Education at firstname.lastname@example.org.