Eligibility and Funding Determination
PDF of information below
Programs recommended for support from Instructionally Related Activities funds must be certified by the Provost as academically valid and must be declared eligible for IRA funding by the Provost, in accordance with the criteria specified in paragraph II below.
- Be substantially related to an instructional program and be a direct extension of the in-class experience;
- Have direct faculty involvement in the management and supervision of the program;
- Provide an identifiable benefit to a significant number of students;
- Enhance the overall balance of university programs and the breadth and balance of IRA program;
- Not duplicate another university program.
III. Funding Process
Following review of all proposals, the IRA board will submit their budget recommendation to the Provost and the Vice President for Business Affairs for final approval.
Following this review, the proposed IRA budget will be forwarded to the President for approval and to the Vice President for Business Affairs for implementation.
PROPOSAL FORMAT: Write a memo to college dean (area which proposed program will be housed) outlining request. Detail project and include an “estimated” budget. Once dean approves program, forward proposal request to VPPRAE zip 110. Upon the IRA Board’s program certification recommendation, the request is forwarded to the Provost for approval. The program director and college dean will be invited to a scheduled IRA meeting to present their program for recommendation as a recognized IRA Program. Program funding is a separate issue, and will be addressed if program is deemed a recognized IRA Program.