What is an Instructionally Related Activity?
An instructionally related activity is defined as, "activities and laboratory experiences that are partially sponsored by an academic discipline or department and which are, in the judgment of the President, integrally related to the function of instructional offerings."
An instructionally related activity should provide for the performance, competition or laboratory experience outside of, but related to the formal instructional offerings of the University.
Instructionally related activities include, but are not limited to, the following categories:
- Intercollegiate athletics
- Radio, television, and film
- Music and dance performance
- Drama and musical productions
- Art exhibits
- Other activities (including national competitions, and performances.)