Is your activity:
- Sponsored by an academic discipline or department?
- Integrally related to a formal CSU, Chico instructional offering?
- Essential to a quality educational program?
- Providing an important instructional experience for any student enrolled in the respective program?
If you answer "yes" to all the above, you are eligible to apply for Certification.
- Requests for certification can happen anytime.
- Your Dean or Director requests certification from the IRA Board (Application Procedure).
- The IRA Board votes to recommend the program as part of the IRA.
- The IRA Board sends the recommendation to the Provost for final approval.
PLEASE NOTE: Certification and recognition as an Instructionally Related Activity does not guarantee funding.
- Available funding for the following academic year is determined during the spring semester by the IRA Board.
- The IRA Board allocates funding to each college Dean or Director.
- The Dean or Director allocates funding to the individual program.*
- The funds are available beginning the following academic year.
Source of IRA Funds
- Funding for activities are provided by an Instructionally Related Activities fee paid by all students each semester when they enroll in University classes.
- Funding requests must be for those costs that are not a part of the regular cost of instruction.