Health and Safety Committee
*Inactive Historical Committee*
A health and safety committee has been formed in Information Resources to address state and federal compliance regulations. The task force, meeting monthly, will work to:
- Develop and post written health and safety policies and procedures.
- Complete and document safety inspections for each area twice a year.
- Schedule and document specific safety training for all employees. This training becomes part of the annual review.
- Schedule and document safety training for all student workers.
Health and safety task force coordinators are:
- Academic Resources/Library Services (MLIB 1st-4th floor) - John Wilson, x5267, MLIB-110, Zip 295
- Communications Services - Joyce Kirkland, x6102, SSKU-109, Zip 415
- Computing Services - Liz Krenek, x5338, BUTE-417, Zip 405
- Instructional Media Center/TLP (MLIB Basement) - Phyllis Berryman, x6115, MLIB-001E, Zip 005
- Information Resources Administration - Susan Greco, x6214, MLIB-338, Zip 290
- Health and Safety chair - Linda Post, x4616, MLIB-335, Zip 290
- Director of Administrative Services and Business Development - Beverly Taylor, x6212, MLIB 338, Zip 290
Safety Coordinator description of responsibilities
Information Resources believes that the oversight and ultimate responsibility for the safety program is a management responsibility.
- Each IR Director is ultimately responsible for his/her unit.
- Each IR Director will appoint a Safety Coordinator for the unit.
- The Safety Coordinator will report to the IR Director who appointed him/her.
The IR Directors are responsible for the development of safety policy and for providing the resources to ensure a safe work environment for each employee.
The Safety Coordinators will work together, under the direction of the Director of Administrative Services, as the IR Health & Safety Task Force in the development, delivery, and audit of safety policies, procedures and programs.
The Safety Coordinator of each area/unit is responsible for:
- the implementation of policies,
- development of procedures,
- coordination between units where possible,
- facilitation of employee training,
- audits and inspections
- reporting, documentation and record keeping for the Health and Safety Program.
- Information Resources Policy on Workplace Health and Safety (PDF)
- Environmental Management: Injury Illness Prevention Program (IIPP)