IT Service Catalog
Live Support Online
Need More Information?
What are Net Study rooms?
Net Study Rooms are designed for group work. Students working in groups can reserve a room with a computer to work on their group projects. Because Net Study Rooms are private rooms, groups can more easily communicate without disturbing other students around them. Large monitors allow all group members to view work.
Where are the Net Study rooms?
There are eight Net Study Rooms available for reservation in the Meriam Library 116 computer lab. They are: MLIB 111, 112, 117, 118, 119, 131, and 132.
- In order to reserve a room you must be a current CSU, Chico student. Please bring a student ID card for verification. Reservations can not be made without a valid student ID number.
- Rooms can only be reserved by groups of three to eight students.
- There is a maximum of two consecutive hours per reservation.
- There is a maximum of four hours total reservations per day. (Group can use the room longer if the room is not reserved)
- There is a maximum of eight hours total reservations per week per group.
- Reservations can be made up to two weeks in advance.
- If you can not make your reservation, or no longer require a room reservation, please cancel your reservation.
- Students who do not show up and fail to cancel may be prohibited from future reservations.
How do you reserve a Net Study room?
Reservations can be made at the help desk in the library. Please bring student ID card for verification. Reservations cannot be made without a valid student ID number. Reservations can also be made over the phone by called 898-HELP.
Canceling a reservation
It is very important to cancel your room reservation if you no longer require it. Students who do not show up and fail to cancel may be prohibited from future reservations.
Call the ITSS service desk at 898-HELP or go to MLIB 116 in person and ask a lab assistant to cancel your reservation.
What software is available on the Net Study computers?
The same software that is available on any of the PCs in the first floor library lab is also available on the Net Study machines. Please see the complete software list for details.