IT Service Catalog
Live Support Online
Need More Information?
THMA 131 is a general student use computer lab that can also be reserved for instructional use. Because this is a general resource available to students, anyone wishing to reserve the lab must adhere to the following policies and procedures. This lab has 44 PC's, not including the instructor's station. The maxium capacity of people in this lab should not exceed 45 people.
Read the reservation policies below.
Go to website:
Reservations can only be made in one hour increments. Reservations cannot be made at :15, :30, :45 minutes.
You will be notified usually within five to seven business days whether your request is approved by email.
- Lab reservations are for the academic needs of CSU, Chico students. Any other reservation of the labs is at the discretion of the head of IT Support Services.
- Reservation requests that do not require any ITSS support staff assistance (software installs, lab use training, media key pickup, etc.) must be submitted at least 1 week in advance to allow ample notification to general use students.
- Reservation requests that do require any ITSS support staff assistance (software installs, lab use training, media key pickup, etc.) must be submitted at least 2 weeks in advance, and is subject to availability of IT Support Services resources
- Lab may not be reserved for more than four sessions or a total of ten hours in one semester by any department without special approval.
- Students may not reserve labs except with faculty sponsorship (sponsor must be present during workshop).
- Lab will not be reserved for more than four hours total on any weekday during semester. (I.E. if the lab already has two other reservations for that day that total 4 hours, we will not be able to approve any more reservations for that day.)
- Lab reservation must be for use of computers, not just projector.
- Anyone other than CSU, Chico faculty or staff desiring to reserve a lab must get special permission from the head of IT Support Services.
- All labs are in use by students when not reserved. IT Support Services will post a reservation list on the lab door, but the workshop instructor is responsible for getting to the lab 15 minutes before the workshop start time and reminding the students that they need to be out before the workshop starts.
- The workshop instructor should turn over the "Class in Session" sign on the lab door during the workshop and turn it over again when the workshop is done.
- The workshop instructor is responsible for leaving all the computers in their original startup state when the workshop is finished.
- The workshop instructor is responsible for returning the computer projector to its original state or location when finished.
- During the workshop, if any problems arise call x4357 and wait on the line to speak to a service desk analyst.
After-Hours Lab Use
Requests for after-hours lab use in THMA 131 will be given by individual authorization on an event by event basis.
After-hours lab use is defined as the use of the lab outside of regularly-scheduled lab hours. Please see the THMA 131 lab hours for specific lab hours.
On-campus groups or departments must provide the name of faculty or staff members who will be present during the event and who will be responsible for opening/closing the door for the group or class. Lab access will be given through authorization of their Wildcat Faculty/Staff ID card if reservation is not scheduled during the normal academic session days.
Requests from outside agencies for after-hours use of the THMA 131 lab will be considered on an individual basis. Arrangements for opening and closing of the lab will be determined for each request.