Computer Lab Access Policy
- IT Support Services open access computer labs are open to all current CSU, Chico students, faculty, and staff. Please be prepared to show your ID if asked.
- Guest privileges for use of the labs are available to current students from other CSU campuses. Guests should present a current campus ID to the help desk staff prior to using the labs. Guest privileges are restricted to normal hours only, not extended hours.
Computer Lab Use Policy
- No food, drink, or tobacco is allowed in the labs. Any food or drink in your possession must be kept in a closed pack, briefcase, purse, etc. while using the lab.
- No cellphone usage allowed in the labs. Please silence all ringers and alarms while using the lab.
- Lab computers are for academic use. Chat functions and game playing are restricted from all computers except as required for academic purposes.
- Users should take care not to display images, sounds, or messages which could create an atmosphere of discomfort or harassment to others. Students should make arrangements through their instructor for a private work area if a class assignment requires them to access such materials.
- Users must not intentionally disrupt the campus computing system or obstruct the work of other users, including sending chain letters or blanket e-mail messages, or knowingly consuming inordinately large amounts of system resources.
- All students are responsible for using campus computer resources in accordance with the campus Acceptable Use Policy. By using campus resources you agree to abide by these policies.
Failure to comply with the above policies may lead to revoking your lab use privileges.
Always bring a flash drive to the lab and save your work frequently on the drive. Keep important files in more than one place. We are not responsible for work lost because of computer failure.