2013 News / The Orion Hall of Fame Call for Nominees
Hall of Fame Induction 2013
5:30 to 8 p.m. Monday, Nov. 4 – Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony and Awards Dinner
Monday and/or Tuesday, Nov. 4 & 5 – Hall of Famers meet with students and speak to select classes
The News Hall of Fame honors former students, former advisers and friends of The Orion who have made significant impacts on The Orion, journalism and related fields, and/or who have otherwise made exceptional contributions to society based in part on experience gained at The Orion. The Hall of Fame will serve as a means to keep alumni actively involved in support of The Orion and to encourage current Orion students toward excellence in their chosen career path.
- Any former Orion staff member is eligible for nomination beginning 10 years after the end of his or her Orion involvement.
- Any former adviser is eligible for nomination beginning three years after his or her last day of advising The Orion and full-time employment at California State University, Chico.
- Friends of the program may be nominated based on special support or defense of The Orion, either during an exceptional situation or over the course of many years.
- Nominations may come from alumni, faculty, staff or friends of the department.
- Submit a brief nominating letter (email preferred), professional bio and/or resume of the nominee, and complete contact information for the nominee.
- All nominations are submitted to Susan Wiesinger (email@example.com).
- Nomination deadline: Aug. 30, 2013
- A faculty committee of three will review all nominations. At least two-thirds support of the committee is needed for induction. No more than three inductees will be permitted in each induction cycle.