2013 Public Relations Hall of Fame Call for Nominees
Hall of Fame Induction 2013
5:30 to 8 p.m. Monday, Nov. 4 – Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony and Awards Dinner
Monday and/or Tuesday, Nov. 4 & 5 – Hall of Famers meet with students and speak to select classes
The Public Relations Hall of Fame honors former students, former advisers and friends of the public relations option who have made significant impacts on Tehama Group Communications, public relations, journalism and related fields, and/or who have otherwise made exceptional contributions to society based in part on experience gained through public relations education at Chico State. The Hall of Fame will serve as a means to keep alumni actively involved in support of the public relations option and to encourage current public relations students toward excellence in their chosen career path.
- Any former journalism student who is currently employed in PR or related communications field is eligible for nomination beginning 10 years after his or her graduation.
- Any former adviser is eligible for nomination beginning three years after his or her last day of advising Tehama Group Communications and full-time employment at California State University, Chico.
- Friends of the program may be nominated based on special support of Tehama Group Communications or the public relations option, either during an exceptional situation or over the course of many years.
- Nominations may come from alumni, faculty, staff or friends of the department.
- Submit a brief nominating letter (email preferred), professional bio and/or resume of the nominee, and complete contact information for the nominee.
- All nominations are submitted to Debra Johnson (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Nomination deadline: Aug. 30, 2013
- A faculty committee of three will review all nominations. At least two-thirds support of the committee is needed for induction. No more than five inductees will be permitted each year.