Public Relations Hall of Fame Nominees Sought
The Public Relations Hall of Fame honors former students, former advisers, and friends of the public relations option who have made significant impacts on Tehama Group, public relations, journalism and related fields, and/or who have otherwise made exceptional contributions to society based in part on experience gained through public relations education at Chico State. The Hall of Fame will serve as a means to keep alumni actively involved in support of the public relations option and to encourage current public relations students toward excellence in their chosen career path.
Categories of Membership
- Friend of The Program
- Any former journalism student who is currently employed in PR or related communications field is eligible for nomination beginning 10 years after his or her graduation.
- Any former adviser is eligible for nomination beginning three years after his or her last day of full-time employment by Tehama Group Communications and/or California State University, Chico.
- Friends of the Program may be nominated based on special support of Tehama Group Communications or the public relations option, either during an exceptional situation or over the course of many years.
The Nomination Process:
- Nominations may come from alumni, faculty, staff or friends of the department. All nominations are submitted to Debra Johnson (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Submit a bio or resume of the nominee, and contact information.
The Selection Process:
- A faculty committee of three will review all nominations. At least two-thirds support of the committee is needed for induction. No more than five inductees will be permitted each year.
Contact Debra Johnson to submit a nomination or for more information.