SELF-ADVISING: START HERE
Oct. 14-17, 2013
Advisers are assigned by your option/last name:
PR advising (by last name)
A-G = Debra Johnson (T351)
H-O = Prisca Ngondo (T347)
P-Z = Susan Wiesinger
News advising (by last name)
A-G = Matt Blake (T339
H-O = Aaron Quinn (T343)
P-Z = Mark Plenke (T345)
Plan your schedule in advance, write on the advising form and bring to your advising appointment.
What do the new GE Pathways mean to me?
If you entered the university prior to fall 2012, your catalog requirements have not changed. You do not have to complete a GE Pathway.
You do, however, have to complete an Upper Division Theme, which is a challenge because the themes no longer exist after spring 2012.
Here’s how to proceed:
- Go to www.csuchico.edu/ge/pathways
- Click on the “Crosswalk guide” in the highlighted box at lower left
The Crosswalk guide has all the Upper Division Themes listed, along with courses that previously counted for them. If you’ve taken a course or two for a theme, it still counts. You just need to choose your remaining course(s) from the GE Pathways suggested in the Crosswalk Guide.________________________________________
News Option Planning
Keep track of your major requirements with a planning guide.
News Option planning guide (.pdf) Please note: Second page is a guide to graduating in four years.
Public Relations Planning
PR Option planning guide (.pdf) Please note: Second page is a guide to graduating in four years.
Guide for Marketing minors in Journalism and PR
Minor planning guide (.pdf)
Minor clearance form (.pdf)
The electronic version of your Degree Progress Report will serve as your major clearance form. It is available for you to view online through your portal account.
As part of the journalism department's mandatory advising program, you are required to complete the Graduation plan for journalism majors (.pdf) by using your DPR to plan your last two semesters at Chico State. Your task is to list all classes that are needed to remove the "red lights" listed in your DPR. You also need to assure that your DPR is correct.
Download the following form, complete it, and see your journalism adviser.
Hints for completing the form and graduating on time:
- Check that your catalog year is correct. Fall 2009 catalog students and later must use the 120-unit plan. Your catalog year is based on when you DECLARED the major.
- Check that any transfer courses have been listed correctly, especially those that count in the department's accreditation requirements. See your adviser for information.
- Check that course substitutions in the major have been listed.
- Look for any other missing courses that might have been left off your DPR.
- File a written minor clearance form. Visit the department of your minor for more information.
- See your journalism adviser to review your plans and make corrections in your DPR. Bring the signed form to the journalism office.
- Apply for graduation. See link below.
________________________________________Other forms you may need
General degree information
Graduation Planning Source
How to apply for graduation
Help with Degree Progress Report