Autism Clinic: Information for Families
Welcome to the Autism Clinic family page. Here you will find a list of resources and support services that are provided for participating families. The links below include resources for home activities, clinic closure dates, upcoming camps, and extra sponsored activities.
Quotes from Current Families (coming soon)
Does My Child Have Autism?
Do you suspect that your child may have autism? Have you noticed any of the following behaviors?
- Lack of eye contact
- Delayed language development
- Preference to play alone/lack of interaction with others
- Unusual motor behaviors
- Environmental sensitivities (e.g.: sensitivity to sound, light, or textures)
The American Psychiatric Association's Diagnostic and Statistical Manual-IV, Text Revision (DSM-IV-TR) 1 provides standardized criteria to help diagnose ASDs.
The Center for Autism & Developmental Disabilities Epidemiology (CADDE) provides a fact sheet on Autism Spectrum Disorders.
Developing Sensory and Motor Skills
Click on any of the following links to discover fun and playful activities to develop motor skills and support the sensory system at home.
Additional Activities and Information
- Combating Bullying, including a Special Needs Anti-Bullying Toolkit by Autism Speaks
- Communication in Public Places by Allison Laviolette
- Nutrition for Autism Brochure by Lisa Korstad
- Nutrition for People with Autism: The Gluten-Free, Casein-Free Diet Guide by Lisa Korstad
- Play and Language by Carly Gordon
- Social Stories on Pinterest by Sensory Processing Disorder Parent Support
Links to Autism Agencies
- Autism Internet Modules
- Autism Society of America Foundation
- Autism Speaks
- AWAARE Collaboration
- International Society for Autism Research (INSAR)
- Masters in Health Care: 100 Useful Sites, Networks, and Resources for Parents of Autistic Children
- National Autism Association
- National Autism Center
- Ohio Center for Autism and Low Incidence (OCALI)
- UC Davis MIND Institute
Links to Local Autism Organizations for Kids and Adults
- Advance Kids
- The Arc of Butte County
- Autism Lifespan
- BB Consulting: Bambi Berdahl, Behaviorist (phone) 530-354-6022
- Caminar Butte County
- Capitol Autism Services
- Community Opportunity for Vocational Experience, C.O.V.E.
- Guided Spectrum
- Handi-Riders of Northern California, Inc.
- Little Red Hen
- Remi Vista, Inc. : Youth & Family Services
- Rowell Family Empowerment of Northern California, Inc.
- Sunshine Kids Club
568 Manzanita Ave #7
- Work Training Center