- File for graduation one year in advance.
- Spring graduation – May 15th of the previous year
- Summer graduation – August 15th of the previous year
- Fall graduation – December 15th of the previous year.
- CSU, Chico only holds one commencement ceremony each year and it’s in the spring. If you are graduating in fall or summer, you may choose either the preceding or subsequent ceremony.
- Inform your advisor when you are ready to file for graduation. Please allow your advisor 30 days to prepare and mail your grad check packet.
- Submit a minor clearance form with your graduation application if applicable. Be sure to contact your minor advisor in advance so that he or she had time to prepare and mail it to you.
- Apply for Graduation
Print and follow the instructions.
- Once you file your paperwork, you will receive a postcard in the mail with instructions to sign up for the commencement ceremony.
- If for any reason you need to change your graduation date or have questions regarding filing for graduation, contact the Academic Evaluations office at 530-898-5957.