Students who live outside of Chico and meet university admission requirements are eligible to apply to the Liberal Studies Online Pattern. We are confident that this will be a rewarding and convenient way for you to complete your undergraduate liberal studies major.
- Visit admissions for current information, deadlines, and fees. Keep in mind the requirements for getting into the University are different than the requirements for our major.
- Do a preliminary self-evaluation of your transcripts by checking the major requirements and course descriptions. Check equivalencies for lower division courses online at Assist. Remember all of the lower division coursework must be done at a community college or other institution. Liberal studies has its own general education classes built into the major, so make sure you have taken the right classes, because other transferable GE classes may not satisfy major requirements. When you have approximately two semesters of community college work left to complete, it's time to apply for admission to CSU, Chico. Once you have been accepted, you may request a transcript evaluation by an advisor. Contact an advisor when you see that your transcripts are posted on your portal account.
- Submit an application online at CSU Mentor.
- IMPORTANT! Be sure to declare liberal studies online as your major. This will indicate to admissions that you will be taking all or some of your classes via the Internet.
- Online LBST admission deadline is sometimes extended beyond the regular admission deadline. Please contact the admissions office to verify (530) 898-6321.
- Verify system requirements. Please see the FAQ page of the distance education Web site for information on what hardware/software is required to take online classes and what to expect from your online experience.
Fees and Financial Aid
Fees for the Liberal Studies Online Pattern are the same as fees for on-campus students. For a thorough explanation of current costs, go to Fees, Tuition, Credits, and Holds in the current catalog.
Financial aid may be available for online students. For information, please visit the Financial Aid Web site.