We are pleased that you are interested in liberal studies as your major. In the Liberal Studies Program, you will receive a well rounded education, preparing you for careers in various fields – education, business, government, social work, and more.
As a future teacher, you will engage in coursework that provides you with:
- A solid foundation for all the content areas you will be expected to teach
- Hands-on experience working with K – 8 pupils
- Friendly and knowledgeable faculty in their discipline who are eager to support you through your journey to become a caring, well educated, dynamic teacher
- Opportunities for depth of study in any of the disciplines, as well as in bilingual education, child development, or special education
- The ability to complete your degree online
- The option of completing your degree and credential coursework within four years
If you are interested in a career outside of education, you can choose the Liberal Arts Pattern. Many employers are interested in graduates with a broad-based education. The Liberal Arts Pattern will:
- Allow you to take courses in the humanities, social sciences, mathematics, and sciences
- Enable you to select a minor of your choice to complete major requirements
- Connect you with friendly and knowledgeable faculty who are eager to support you through your journey to realize professional goals
- Provide you with opportunities for community involvement and study abroad experiences
- Permit you to complete your degree online
Come, explore our major! Our experienced, friendly advisors are waiting to meet you.