Transfer Teacher Education Core (TTEC)
TTEC may be the program for you!
Transfer Teacher Education Core (TTEC) is an undergraduate program option that combines:
- B.A. in Liberal Studies
- Preparation to enter a credential program for a Preliminary Credential in Multiple Subject (elementary school), Education Specialist, or Multiple Subject with Bilingual Authorization.
Is TTEC for You?
TTEC is for community college students wanting to transfer to CSU, Chico to earn a B.A. and a teaching credential. You need to have completed 60 units of Liberal Studies program-specific course requirements and be interested in a teaching career in elementary schools.
TTEC Program Dates
- The program is from Summer 2013 – Spring 2015.
- Graduation is targeted to occur in May 2015.
- Eligible students could begin a credential program as early as Fall 2015.
What TTEC Offers You
- Critical support to enhance the success of community college students transferring into the Liberal Studies program at CSU, Chico.
- A smooth transition from a community college to a university setting. A 2 unit course includes a summer boot camp that is held the week before school begins in August of 2015, and ongoing coursework that extends through the fall semester. This course includes seminars that support academic success with activities that enhance the formation of a strong TTEC learning community.
- Fostered collegiality and both social and academic support through collaborative learning communities.
- Multiple hands-on learning experiences across the disciplines.
- Advisors guide students in developing the Major Academic Plan. Completion of the B.A. in Liberal Studies prepares students to enter the Multiple Subject, Education Specialist, or Bilingual credential program.
TTEC Application Process and Deadlines for Fall 2015
Step 1 – You must be accepted for admission to CSU, Chico before applying to TTEC.
Step 2 – Submit your complete TTEC Application Packet by May 4, 2015. The online application will be available here in early March 2015.
Step 3 – Notification of TTEC Program Acceptance
Fall 2015 candidates will be notified of their acceptance status
by email after all application materials are received.
TTEC Application PacketYour complete application packet consists of the following 4 items:
3. Personal Letter of Introduction
Submit an electronic copy of a personal letter of introduction (written by you) that details your special interests and what motivates you to be a teacher. Have fun with this paper and show off your writing style. One to two pages will be sufficient. Your personal letter of introduction should be sent as an attachment by email to Pamela Morrell at email@example.com .
4. Letter of Recommendation
Submit one professional letter of recommendation.
- Who should write the letter of recommendation?
Someone in a professional capacity should write your letter of recommendation. These professionals may include, but are not limited to, teachers, coaches, or counselors. It is not appropriate for a family member, family friend, or friend to compose this letter of recommendation.
What should be included in the letter of recommendation?
The letter of recommendation should include a description of your reliability, professional behavior, commitment, responsibility, and trustworthiness. The person providing the recommendation should identify their professional relationship with you (i.e., teacher, counselor, etc) and note how long they have known you. They should also provide their contact information (phone and/or email address). The letter can be addressed to, “To Whom It May Concern.”
Can I use previous letters of recommendation?
A similar letter for a scholarship, job application, or other recommendation that includes the required criteria will be accepted if it was written within the academic year of 2014-2015.
This letter of recommendation will need to be mailed in a hardcopy form to:
Liberal Studies Program
Chico, CA 95929-0135
How We Choose Students for TTECTTEC is a high involvement program for transfer students that prepares well-educated teachers for California’s schools; teachers who understand children and are able to implement quality education for all students. Therefore, the application and selection process attempts to identify those students who have a variety of talents and skills and who are likely to benefit from this transfer program.
TTEC Contact Information
Field Experience & Linked-Course Liaison
Application and Program Information