Thanks to the generosity of friends and alumni, the Center for Multicultural and Gender Studies has three scholarships:
- Jen O’Hare Memorial Scholarship
- The Women's Studies Program and Jen's mother Linda Pfost established this scholarship to honor Jen, a Women's Studies student who died tragically in an automobile accident in fall 1999. Jen was passionate about growing as a person and lived her education with this as her primary goal.
- Natividad G. Lucero Scholarship
- This scholarship was established in 1990 in memory of the donor's grandmother. Dr. Nancy Barceló wishes to honor her grandmother by providing scholarship support to students who are pursuing Chicano Studies and who demonstrate an intention to use their education to support and make a different in Latino communities.
- Multicultural and Gender Studies Scholar-Activist Scholarship
- President Paul Zingg created this scholarship to support students that demonstrate academic excellence and commitment within the Multicultural and Gender Studies program. This scholarship is intended to promote students who would exhibit social responsibility and seek to contribute to an increasingly diverse world.
CSU, Chico scholarships require completion of the online scholarship application, which can be obtained through the Financial Aid and Scholarship Office.
While all scholarships require this application, some program scholarships have additional application requirements. You may view these requirements at CSU, Chico Scholarships website. The CSU, Chico Scholarship application period for the 2015-2016 academic year is January 2, 2016 to February 15, 2016.