Gifts to Modern Jewish and Israel Studies
MJIS is funded in part by the Koret Foundation and the Jewish Chautauqua Foundation, and has received funding for visiting scholars from Israel by the American Israel Cooperative Enterprise (AICE). But we also depend on the sponsorship of members of our local community to continue to offer programs that benefit the community. Your tax deductible contribution to MJIS will allow us to further our major goals:
- The creation of student scholarships for study in Israel;
- support for visiting faculty from Israel and local experts in Judaism;
- support for intermediate and advanced courses in Hebrew language taught by native speakers; and
- purchase of Hebrew language instruction materials, software, and library resources in Judaica.
Ways to Give
You can donate online or download the mail-in pledge form (pdf). Please follow links for “The College of Humanities and Fine Arts,” and then click on “Other” and write in “Modern Jewish and Israel Studies.”
Gifts to the Annual Fund
Modern Jewish and Israel Studies has an annual fund account. A gift to an annual fund account is for the unrestricted use of that area; it may be used whenever and wherever needed to maintain a strong and balanced educational program. Such gifts may serve at one time, for example, to augment part-time faculty or to provide scholarships, and at another time to purchase new equipment, or to meet many of the other needs continually confronting the college and its programs.
Planned Gifts & Pledges
There are a variety of strategies available that allow the donor to minimize taxes or increase income. Donors can select from the following benefits:
- Multi-year pledges
- Income-tax savings through the charitable deduction for the value of the gift
- Avoidance of the capital-gain tax on long-term capital-gain property
- Retained income rights for the life of the donor and/or other beneficiaries
- The possibility of increased spendable income with certain arrangements Elimination of federal estate tax on the value of the interest in property — passing to charity upon the donor's death
- Reduced estate settlement costs
To receive more information on ways to support MJIS, contact Daria Booth.