Educational ObjectivesThe Mechanical Engineering Program's educational objectives are best framed in terms of goals for its graduates. Mechanical engineering graduates will:
- Be effective engineers and problem solvers.
- Be well educated in the mechanical engineering sciences.
- Be able to use engineering tools that will enhance their productivity.
- Be familiar with current technology and how it can be incorporated into their design, analysis, and testing activities including an understanding of manufacturing methods and the use of computers, sensors, and actuators to automate machines and processes.
- Be effective oral, written, and graphical communicators.
- Be able to function effectively as members of multidisciplinary teams.
- Have an appreciation for the individual, society, and human heritage, and be aware of the impact of their designs on human-kind and the environment.
- Be prepared for a variety of engineering careers, graduate studies, and continuing education.