BS Mechanical EngineeringThe Mechanical Engineering Program includes study of applied mechanics, thermal-fluid systems, and automation. The graduate is prepared to analyze and design complex mechanical systems involving all three areas. The degree is a general one with an elective allowing for a modest degree of specialization.
The Mechanical Engineering Program has the primary mission of providing a high-quality undergraduate engineering education with:
- A curriculum that is firmly grounded in engineering fundamentals
- A faculty that provides superior teaching and mentoring both in and out of the classroom
- A faculty whose focus is undergraduate education
- Class sizes that encourage student participation
- Project experiences that build on fundamentals and develop team skills
- Facilities and equipment that are readily accessible
- An environment that is conducive to learning and encourages students from different genders and backgrounds
The faculty is committed to offer a broad undergraduate experience that will promote professional growth and prepare students for a variety of engineering careers, graduates studies, and continuing education.
This program is accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET, http://www.abet.org.