Educational ObjectivesThe Mechatronic Engineering Program's educational objectives are best framed in terms of goals for its graduates. Mechatronic Engineering graduates will:
- Be effective inter-disciplinary engineers and problem solvers.
- Be well educated in the basic engineering sciences and fundamentals of mechanical, electrical, and computer engineering.
- Be able to use engineering tools that will enhance their productivity.
- Be able to design, analyze, and test "intelligent" products or processes that incorporate suitable computers, sensors, and actuators.
- Be effective oral, written, and graphical communicators.
- Be able to function effectively as members of multidisciplinary teams.
- Have an appreciation for the individual, society, and human heritage, and be aware of the impact of their designs on human-kind and the environment.
- Be prepared for a variety of engineering careers, graduate studies, and continuing education.