BS Mechatronic Engineering
Mechatonics is the study of the design of "intelligent" systems and products in which mechanization and control requiring sensing, actuation, and computation are combined to achieve improved product quality and performance.
The Mechatronic Engineering Program has the primary mission of providing a high-quality undergraduate engineering education with
- A curriculum that is firmly grounded in engineering fundamentals
- A faculty that provides superior teaching and mentoring both in and out of the classroom
- A faculty whose focus is undergraduate education
- Class sizes that encourage student participation
- Project experiences that build on fundamentals and develop team skills
- Facilities and equipment that are readily accessible
An environment that is conducive to learning and encourages students from different genders and backgrounds The faculty is committed to offer a broad undergraduate experience that will promote professional growth and prepare students for a variety of engineering careers, graduate studies, and continuing education.
For more information contact the Program Coordinator, Professor Ramesh Varahamurti at 530.898.6353. RVarahamurti@csuchico.edu
This program is accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET, 415 North Charles Street, Baltimore, MD 21201, telephone: (410) 347-7700