BUY TICKETS NOW!!!
We offer Bachelor of Arts degrees in:
- Musical Theatre
Students in our degree programs have the opportunity to study and participate in:
- Choreography & Dance
- Music Composition
- Music Education
- Music Industry
- Music Performance
- Recording Arts
- Set Design
We welcome students across campus to participate in our many ensembles, which include:
- A Cappella Choir
- Chamber Singer
- University Chorus
- Concert Band
- Jazz X-Press
- Jazz II
- North State Symphony
- Pep Band
- Symphonic Wind Ensemble
Both our programs are accredited:
- Music: National Association of Schools of Music (NASM)
- Theatre: National Association of Schools of Theatre (NAST)
We are also active in the Kennedy Center/American College Theatre Festival and offer many opportunities to participate in co-curricular and extra-curricular activities.
Welcome to the Department of Music and Theatre at California State University, Chico!
We are excited to announce the Department of Music and the Department of Theatre have merged to become the Department of Music and Theatre (MUTA).
The mission of the Department of Music and Theatre is to provide our students with opportunities to excel through disciplined study and practice in high quality facilities, classes, performance ensembles and productions.
We seek to sustain the academic and artistic vitality of the performing and recording arts at California State University, Chico. We provide a fertile learning environment, which nurtures student creativity, Scholarship, diversity, and entrepreneurship, enhanced by the collaboration of students, faculty and staff. We promote the education, appreciation and enjoyment of the Arts on the campus and in the greater North State community.
If you have questions or would like to explore our many performance options and areas of study, please contact one of our advisors or stop by our department office in the Performing Arts Center, room 106.
Spring 2015 Theatre Auditions
Auditions for our Spring 2015 Theatre productions of WILL ROGERS FOLLIES and THE TARZAN PROJECT will be held January 25-26.
- Returning Theatre / Musical Theatre majors / minors
- Sunday, January 25 ~ 2:00 - 5:00pm
- Theatre / Musical Theatre freshman and transfer majors / minors
- Sunday, January 25 ~ 6:00 - 8:00pm
- General CSU, Chico Students / Community members
- Monday, January 26 ~ 6:00 - 8:00pm
Click here for more information
Proficiency and Placement Exams
Thursday, August 21, 2014
- Piano/Keyboard Proficiency Exam*
- 9:00am - 1:00PM - PAC 208
- Theory Placement Exam*
- 1:00pm - 3:00pm - TBA
- Aural Skills Exam*
- 3:00pm - 4:00pm - PAC 112
* Note: You are required to take the theory, aural skills, and piano proficiency exam unless you plan to take Music 101, Music 103, and Music 105. These exams are for evaluation and course placement purposes for those with experience.
* Click here for more information about theses exams
Studio Instruction Auditions
Thursday, August 21, 2014
- 9:00-11:00am - PAC 134
- 4:00-5:00pm - PAC 132
- 11:00am-1:00pm - PAC 132
- 11:00am-1:00pm - PAC 134