The Raymond Barker Recording Arts Scholarship
2016-2017 Academic Year
This scholarship is to be awarded to one Music Major in the Option of Recording Arts
Note: For full consideration, applicants must complete a Department of Music and Theatre Scholarship Application and a University Scholarship Application by February 15, 2016. Applicants must also complete an interview to be held on January 30, 2016.
- The Raymond Barker Recording Arts scholarship is for a student in the Recording Arts Option who shows scholastic excellence, creativity, passion for the recording arts, and a collaborative spirit.
- Applicant must be a sophomore, junior, or senior at the time of application and a full-time student for the 2016-2017 academic school year.
- Pre-Recording Arts students are not eligible.
Portfolio Requirement (submitted to the Music Department)A. Include an audio recording of one or both of the following, with appropriate media labels:
- A current original composition (acoustic and/or electronic media).
- A current multi-track studio project of live performances recorded and mixed by the applicant. (recordings should be approximately four minutes or less in duration, audio CD format preferred (.aiff or .wav files), or DVD format if visuals are used.)
- Submit media in an envelope addressed to the Department of Music and Theatre labeled: The Raymond Barker Recording Arts Scholarship (include your name, address, email, phone number, and your year in school.)
- A summary of the recording(s) in your CD (production, goals, techniques, etc.).
- A one page personal statement explaining why you meet each of the criteria for this scholarship: scholastic excellence, creativity, passion for the recording arts, and a collaborative spirit.
- Save, attach, and email completed statements to firstname.lastname@example.org.