Theatre Auditions - Spring 2014
The theatre audition schedule for the Spring 2014 productions have been set.
Sign-ups for auditions will be in the Green Room starting Friday, January 17.
- Sunday, January 19 - 2:00-5:00pm: Regular auditions for Musical Theatre and Theatre majors.
- Sunday, January 19 - 7:00-10:00pm: Dance audition for CREATION STORIES and SPAMALOT! (for all Musical Theatre majors, non-majors & community members)
- Monday, January 20 - 6:00-8:00pm: Auditions for minors, non-majors, and community members
- Monday, January 20 - 8:00-10:00pm: Callbacks
- Tuesday, January 21 & Wednesday, January 22- 6:00-10:00pm: Callbacks for CREATION STORIES and SPAMALOT! - specifics will be posted in the Green Room each day
For the dance auditions:
- Remember to:
- wear clothes you can move in (layers are good)
- bring dance sneakers or jazz shoes and tap shoes (if you own some)
- leave the jewelry at home
- wear hair up and out of your face
- Warm-up for all dance auditioners will begin at 7pm on the Harlen Adams stage.
- Auditioners will learn 3 phrases in 3 styles(tap, modern/character, and jazz) taught by 3 different choreographers in rotating spaces from 7:30-9:00pm.
- From 9:00-10:00pm, auditioners will perform the 3 phrases for the faculty in PAC 134 in groups of 4. Each group will perform all 3 styles, then be excused.
Other Audition Information:
The gathering place to receive instructions from the stage managers is in the Green Room. Please show up well in advance of your group's call time so you can complete the audition paperwork. Callbacks for these shows are posted in the mornings for that evening. Cast lists are posted by the end of the first week of school. Rehearsals for CREATION STORIES will begin right away. SPAMALOT! will start rehearsals later in the semester.
See the Callboard for more information about auditions and Dance Juries (Sunday evening) and Acting Juries (regular audition on Sunday afternoon. Make sure you read the casting policy before you audition.
Please remember, if you want to be considered for the musical, you need to participate in the Dance Auditions and include a short song in your acting audition.