Vocal Performance and Pedagogy Certificate
The Certificate in Vocal Performance and Pedagogy is for students who wish to specialize in vocal performance and group and/or private vocal teaching. The program can be completed in two semesters of residency. This program is for the student who already has a degree in music or who wishes to take the program in conjunction with the MA in music. Students receive both theoretical and practical training in the art of singing and teaching, including the opportunities of performing with Opera Workshop and vocal recitals/concerts.
Certificate in Vocal Performance and Pedagogy Application Requirements
- A minimum of two years at a music department, school of music, or conservatory with a music major/voice emphasis, and a minimum GPA of 2.5
- A taped audition
- Application letter and resume
- A minimum of three letters of reference from voice/music faculty or private instructors
- Basic piano skills (minimum of three years of study)
- Internet or direct phone interview with CSU, Chico voice faculty
- International students must have a minimum TOEFL score of 400.
- Course requirements for the certificate: 23 units
Please visit the CSU, Chico catalog for more information.