Current Theatre Scholarship Information
- Auditions and Interviews for the 2015-2016 scholarship year will be held on January 31, 2015 (see below for more information).
Applicants must be full-time students (12 units minimum) and maintain a minimum 2.0 GPA (a higher GPA is required for some scholarships)
- Scholarship recipients must be significantly involved in departmental productions during both semesters of the academic year for which they receive the award and are asked to sign an acceptance letter agreeing to this requirement.
- Awards are paid 50 percent at the beginning of each semester if the award is over $600. If under $600, the award will be paid 100 percent for the fall semester.
- Award announcements are posted to the student's portal account between July and August of the academic year they will be issued.
January 2, 2015
February 15, 2015
|NOTE: Applications will not be accepted after February 15. Students submitting late applications will not be considered for university scholarships and will not be able to audition or interview for a Music Department scholarship.|
January 31, 2015
Current & Continuing Students
Auditions / Portfolios: Saturday, January 31, 2015 - 10:00 a.m. - PAC 135
- Audition / Interviews are limited to a total time of 5 minutes
- Auditions will be held in Wismer Theatre, Performing Arts Center, PAC 135
- A CD player will be provided. You should provide appropriate music.
- An accompanist will be provided. You should provide appropriate music, properly cut, and clearly marked.
- All who are auditioning should bring appropriate clothing for a movement/dance component. You will be taught a couple of very basic combinations. Basic jazz footwear will be fine.
- Those interested in Musical Theatre scholarships should have two contrasting songs and one monologue.
- Those interested in Theatre Performance scholarships should have two contrasting monologues. A third 'movement' piece is encouraged.
- Those interested in Design or Stage Management should bring appropriate portfolio materials.
- Music and Theatre Department Scholarship Application
- University Scholarship Application
- Audition/Interview Request & Submission Form - to request a live audition or interview or to submit audition materials