Looking for a News Release?
Find more news releases in the archive.
To search for a news release, use the Search CSU, Chico News function in the upper right corner of this page.
Butte College and CSU, Chico Partner for New Cross Enrollment Program
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
California State University, Chico
Director of Public Affairs and Publications
Director of Public Relations
“This partnership truly helps our students in their transfer experience. Since Butte College has the highest transfer rate to CSU, Chico, this new program makes the transition even easier for those working toward their bachelor’s degrees and helps ensure their academic success,” said Van Der Ploeg.
Cross Enrollment now allows Butte College students to enroll in a 3-unit class at CSU, Chico at no charge, with no extra fees.
“This program reflects a commitment that is shared and a partnership that works,” said Zingg. “Our students, our institutions, our region, and our state will all benefit.”
Goals of the program include:
• Improved student access to undergraduate education;
• Providing educational choices that best meet the individual student’s academic, social, career, and financial needs;
• Improved Associate of Arts/Transfer degree and baccalaureate degree completion rates;
• Greater ease of student movement between participating institutions;
• Individualized assistance in evaluating career options and designing educational plans;
• Greater public awareness of connections among high schools, Butte College, and California State University, Chico; and
• Enhanced student learning and success.
To qualify for the Cross Enrollment Program students must be enrolled in a minimum of 12 units between CSU, Chico and Butte College; earned a minimum of 30 transferable semester units or 45 transferable quarter units with an overall 2.00 GPA; show proof of completion of class prerequisites if required; and completed an Area A writing composition class with a grade of “C” or better and demonstrated progress in mathematics.
The deadline for applications for Cross Enrollment is Dec. 1 for spring semester. Registration remains free for a 3-unit class; however, the student will be responsible for any additional course fees, books and materials, and parking.