Looking for a News Release?
Find more news releases in the archive.
To search for a news release, use the Search CSU, Chico News function in the upper right corner of this page.
New CSU, Chico Peace Corps Master's Program Recruiting Students
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
As part of the master’s program students complete a year of coursework at CSU, Chico, then do two years of Peace Corps service, during which time they begin work on a thesis/project. Students return to CSU, Chico after Peace Corps service for a final semester.
Currently CSU, Chico is able to offer the Master's International for the M.A. in Teaching International Languages and the M.A. in Education.
Several events in Chico are planned Wednesday through Friday for students interested in the program:
- Wednesday, Feb. 16, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., information table at Agriculture Career Fair, University Farm.
- Wednesday, Feb. 16, 3 p.m. to 5 p.m., informal "office hours" with a Peace Corps recruiter, Empire Coffee, 434 Orange St.
- Wednesday, Feb. 16, 6 p.m. - 7:30 p.m., community information session, Chico Branch Library, 1108 Sherman Ave.
- Thursday, Feb. 17, 2 p.m. to 3:30 p.m., application workshop and Master’s International overview, "Combine Peace Corps with Grad School," CSU, Chico Career Center, Student Service Center, Room 270.
- Thursday, Feb. 17, 6 p.m. to 8p.m., Peace Corps "no host" mixer, Tres Hombres, 100 Broadway St. Meet local Peace Corps alumni, applicants, nominees and friends.
- Friday, Feb. 18, informational interviews with Peace Corps recruiter by appointment.
For more information about the Peace Corps Master’s International, visit: