Looking for a News Release?
Find more news releases in the archive.
To search for a news release, use the Search CSU, Chico News function in the upper right corner of this page.
School of Communication Presents 2012 Connect Speaker Series
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Public Affairs and Publications
Sarah C. Fry, Director of Advancement
College of Communication and Education
Cheyenne King, Account Executive
Tehama Group Communications
This will mark the seventh year for this event, which provides the opportunity for students to meet with and learn from graduates who have achieved success in their professions.
CONNECT brings alumni from the School of Communication, which includes the Departments of Journalism and Public Relations, Communication Design and Communication Arts and Sciences, back to campus to share their professional experiences and achievements with current students.
This year’s speakers come from three states, California, Washington and Missouri, and are Chico State graduates spanning three decades: the 1980s, 1990s and 2000s.
The speakers include:
- Bob Esparza, photography creative director at Hallmark Cards
- Bill Cox, senior director of marketing communications for Windows Phone Division at Microsoft
- Jeff Burghardt, president at Burghardt+Doré Advertising, Inc.
- Tony Auston, creative director and owner of Auston Design Group
- Jonathan Miller, global communications manager at THQ
- Eric Tillmanns, lead executive representative at Merck
- Nicole Doré, art director at Burghardt+Doré Advertising
- Lila Wallrich, creative director at Wallrich Landi
These speakers will give presentations in classes to inspire students to be successful, have lunch with students for one-on-one questions and rekindle connections with faculty and alumni.